Armed with a bright hope and enthusiasm, many of us have drawn up a list of New Year’s resolutions. The most popular and commonly broken according to Time Magazine are the following:
- Lose Weight and Get Fit
- Quit Smoking
- Learn Something New
- Eat Healthier and Diet
- Get Out of Debt and Save Money
- Spend More Time with Family
- Travel to New Places
- Be Less Stressed
- Drink Less
Among those mentioned, what we set for ourselves at the start of the year is to save money. No, we are not getting married anytime soon. We want to save money because we want to travel to new places together and also buy the needed gadgets that we still lack.
Saving money is honestly quite a challenge for us since we usually dine in good restaurants whenever we go on a date. Sure you may say that we can just stay at home to eat so we spend less. However, dining out for us is more than just a means for us to have a content for our food blog or a way to date. Our other reasons for dining out include the following:
1. We don’t live together. Lloyd lives in Parañaque City (South of Metro Manila) and Me-An lives in Quezon City (North of Metro Manila). We can agree to eat at either of the homes, but there is no guarantee that we will enjoy the food or there is enough food for one’s family. This also applies with friends, by the way ,who we are shy to invite to our homes.
2. Spending on ingredients may be more costly. We don’t purchase in bulk and we’re sure to end up buying all we need in a supermarket. There is nothing wrong with that, but let us face it, wet & dry markets sell the ingredients at a cheaper price. None of us are also extremely good at cooking so chances are we might fail at making a challenging dish.
3. Cooking takes a lot of time. We couldn’t help but include a recent FB status by our good friend, Arlene Chang, to drive further our point. She said,
“Cooking: 2 hours
Eating it: 5 minutes
I think i’ll stick to eating haha”
4. No distractions. We can just enjoy each other’s company since there are no household chores waiting for us.
5. Eating out with classmates/officemates and/or friends is inevitable. At some point, we would want to enjoy their company over a meal. We also get to eat a variety of dishes when we’re in a group.
6. We help the local economy. By dining out, we support the local businesses.
I’m sure you already know those stuff. What you may not know yet and the reason you are reading this post is saving money while dining out. We are sure there are tons of stuff already written on that topic.
What we want to share with you is a more specific way and is one of our recent great discovery this 2017 – Big Dish PH app.
5 Reasons to Use Big Dish PH app when Dining Out
1. As an online reservation platform, it enables users like us to enjoy up to 50% discount with no minimum spending, no reservation fee, and no credit cards necessary at wonderful restaurants in Manila. That alone enticed us to download the app.
2. No need to print coupons. We get to save money on printing paper and we also get to help save the environment. That is hitting two birds with one stone! Plus, we won’t be in convened when we forget to bring our coupon. We can just focus in getting to the restaurant on time.
3. No need to wait for the right deal. Reservations with discounts can be made at any hour of the day with an absolute minimal effort. For instance, we want to dine tomorrow at Makati City. We can just key in the location, how many people will be dining, the date, and the time we want to eat. The Big Dish PH app will show all the results based on the details we put.
Upon checking the results, the California Pizza Kitchen in Century City Mall offers the best discount for our specified location, date, and time. So all we had to do next was just click confirm since we were already logged in. When you are still not logged in, all you’ll need to key in to confirm are your name, mobile number, and e-mail address.
5. Dining experience is much better since there is less to no waiting time upon arrival at the restaurant.
It’s a given that all of us will still be dining out. So we thought why not utilize the Big Dish PH app to get discounts? We can actually make reservations no less than one (1) minute before we enter the restaurant which makes it more convenient.
We don’t know about you. What is sure is that we will be using this app when dining out. We can already predict that we’ll definitely have more savings for traveling after acummulating all those discounts from dining.
Is this your first time hearing about Big Dish PH app?
If you had already tried it, what do you think of it?