Blogapalooza Horizons was actually our second #blogapalooza. Can you believe it?
We unfortunately failed to share our first experience as we needed to be on hiatus for our website development. Just want to share a few photos from our previous blogapalooza experience.
All photo credits to Blogapalooza.
Anyway, Blogapalooza Horizons was held last May 21 (Saturday) from 10AM to 7PM. I am super delighted to share with you (blogger or not) our Blogapalooza Horizons experience.
5 Reasons Why We Love Blogapalooza Horizons
- Discovered New Brands/Businesses
- Met Current & New Blogger Friends
- Learnings from the Industry’s Brightest
- Connected with Future Advertisers
- Enjoyed the Entertainment & Games
Discovered New Brands/ Businesses
The following are the brands/ businesses that sparked our interest. We think you’ll find it interesting too that’s why we wrote about them. Truly, as usual, this is not a sponsored post and if we got some samples, it didn’t affect our personal opinion about the product.
– Gold Stax PH: Honey Butter Chips –
I was so delighted with this amazing find that I ended up writing a separate blog post about it. We hope you get to try it too. If you’ve already tried it, feel free to share your thoughts on the comment section down below.
Photo credit to Gold Stack.
– Arla –
Finally! We got to try this cream cheese spread that almost all our blogger friends are talking about.
It is apparent from Arla Cheesy Spread’s look that it is different from the usual cheese. Its color is attributed to the absence of coloring agents. We can be assured that they used pure fresh milk which we learned is still from the dairy farms of Northern Europe.
We tried it with plain pandesal (“salt bread”) and with various hearty sandwiches. The cheesy goodness was truly delectable. Its saltiness is mild and it has smooth milky taste. With its balanced taste, we think it can be paired with practically any food.
I want to win their Fly to Denmark with Arla promo as I’ve always dreamt of going to Europe. However, it will also be a joy to us if someone within our circle gets to fly with their companion to Denmark so I’m sharing the easy contest mechanics.
- Buy PhP 500 worth of Arla Food Products (Milk Goodness, Cheese Slices, Cream Cheese, and Cheesy Spread) from supermarkets nationwide.
- Take a clear photo of the receipt containing the purchase of Arla Food Products.
- Send the photo to to Arla’s Facebook via PM (private message). The message should include the sender’s respective name, address, telephone/mobile number, and e-mail address.
The contest mechanics is easy as 1-2-3. Of course, don’t forget to like Arla’s Facebook page to validate your entry and also to support them for hosting the great giveaway. I’m praying that one of us wins.
– Cocio –
Cocio has a flat lay photo booth which we didn’t let pass by.
We learned that Cocio contains only three ingredients: milk, sugar and cacao. Yes, there is no additives which explains the sediments that can be found in the bottom of the drink.
And after drinking it, I think it’s one of the greatest chocolate drinks ever. Its sweetness is just the right amount. Meanwhile, its chocolate taste is rich. It easily became my favorite chocolate drink.
As a “yuppie” (young professional), I think this is a great alternative to the drink we grew up with, Nestlé Chuckie (formerly Chocolait). I know there is nothing wrong with still drinking Nestlé Chuckie at our age. I also love that drink by the way. However, it feels a bit awkward to be seen in public holding a kid’s drink at our age.
With Cocio’s classic label, Cocio is classier for young people and adults alike. It wards off potential judgmental comments. Not that it matters to some people.
– HappyFresh –
Thanks to HappyFresh grocery shopping has become easier and more convenient. Through their mobile and web platforms, they enable consumers to shop for groceries and receive their orders within an hour. And those who utilize HappyFresh’s service will be happy to know that HappyFresh employs “professionally trained” personal shoppers. This means they won’t have to worry about receiving the wrong products.
I think HappyFresh is a reasonable service especially for those living alone or with a household with a fast paced life. Users of the service no longer have wasted time being stuck at a traffic jam just to get to the grocery. More importantly, they can do more important stuff like spending more quality time with their loved ones at home or do their unfinished business. How I wish HappyFresh was already existing when I was still living alone in a condominium.
HappyFresh is currently in partnership with Robinson’s Supermarket for groceries. For more information, check out their site.
By the way, if you’re wondering on what the name of the mascot is, it’s “Freeda” which stands for Free Delivery Agad. What a witty name!
– HeyKuya –
Last, but not the least, HeyKuya is AWESOME. HeyKuya is a virtual kuya (Filipino term for older brother) that acts as a personal assistant to makes one’s life easier.
To get to know HeyKuya better, I had a long chat with Ms. Fiona Lazaro, Hey Kuya’s Business Development Officer. She told me that those who avail of Hey Kuya’s service gets free assistance simply through text. Their services range from deliveries, reservations, bookings and many more all without any hidden costs. However, HeyKuya only responds to requests within its operating hours which is 8:30AM to 8:00PM.
Examples of services they’ve done were the following:
- Reserved movie tickets for the latest show
- Booked an Uber ride for someone who doesn’t have mobile data
- Printed documents and delivered it to the user
- Helped a user look for romantic places for a date
I asked Ms. Fiona on what she thinks is the weirdest request for assistance they had. She told me that she can’t recall a request that was weird. She just stated a memorable one for her which was a user specifically asking for sand from a certain far Philippine province for his aquarium. Did they accommodate that request? Yes, they sure did. Pretty cool, right?
Currently, there are no membership fees for availing HeyKuya’s services. HeyKuya only charges for the expenses incurred related to the request. As for the sustainability of it as a startup, I can’t say for sure. I can only assume that they earn from the discounts given by their trusted suppliers.
HeyKuya offers everyone in Metro Manila a chance to try their service. For more details and to have your own virtual Kuya, simply sign up here.
Met Current & New Blogger Friends
Make sure to also check the blogs of these awesome people. Their links are on the caption.
Learned from the Industry’s Brightest
These are some of our learnings from speakers that held our attention.
-Blogging as a Business by mommy Ginger Aborleda-
For me, mommy Ginger’s talk was super informative. There were loads of information that I just have to select which I can recall and we can apply to our blogging life right now.
- If we intend to do blogging as a business, we should do it with everything we’ve got. We can’t use it as a shortcut to living. It’s a process we all have to go through so we know who we are as a blogger, we know our market and we can define our blogging objective. Only then can we stand out and make blogging as our business.
- To acquire brands to work with, it’s not enough that we just blog everything under the sun. Anyone can just blog these days. The right equation is a combination of personal brand, relevant content, and both offline & online interactions.
- Finally, once we’ve understood and live out our personal brand, we communicate it through our blog. It will make us from bloggers to influencers. Thus, we have to always remember that, “Consistency is the name of the game. Your blog should always be a representation of who you are.“
-Content Strategy and Building a Solid Follower Base by Lloyd Cadena-
One of Youtube’s sensations, Lloyd Cadena, was also present at the Blogapalooza Horizons. Indeed, he has the same name with my Lloyd.
You may wonder why a vlogger (video logger) is at a blogging event. We think the Blogapalooza team did a brilliant job in inviting him to the event. We have to recognize that video consumption is fast growing. As aspiring online influencers, we should include videos on our content as a strategy for engagement. It not only creates a better user experience, but it also enables us to have a bigger reach.
We are doing just that so please support us by subscribing in our Youtube channel.
Anyway, in a nutshell, Lloyd Cadena shared that in order to build a solid follower base, it all boils down to three things: content, creativity and connection.
-Panel: How Brands Can Work Best with Celebrities and Influencers-
The speakers of this panel from left to right of the photo are the following: Professor Norman Agatep, Professor Michelle Corpuz-Villanueva and celebrities Mikael Daez and Erika Padilla.
These are what they respectively shared during the panel talk.
1) Norman Agatep
- Bloggers are digital endorsers so they should treat themselves as brands.
- Bloggers should build connection with people who share the same passion as them. With this, Lloyd and I hope to be able to connect with KTG (Kain Tulog Gang) as we perceive that we share the same passion as them. We just don’t know how we can build a connection with them as we’re newbie bloggers and they’ve been in the industry for so long. #tiwala
2) Michelle Corpuz-Villanueva
- Do what you love first rather than focusing on the number of followers.
- Quantity of followers follow after quality.
- For businesses who focus on quantity, they may still collaborate if bloggers can justify their statistics.
3) Mikael Daez
- Despite having digital skills, the playing field is evened out because of the dawn of the internet age.
- There is so much digital noise around, so one needs a good plan to become an influencer.
- It is very important to have authenticity and sincerity on the content, so the message won’t get lost.
4) Erika Padilla
- Anyone can start a blog, so scrutinize what you’re passionate about. This will show your genuineness which will then attract followers.
- Don’t stop believing in yourself. Continuously do what you love. Tap the right people who will support you.
- The good metric for to an influencer’s success is what made him rich or in Filipino word, anong ikinayaman.
Connected with Future Advertisers
We were able to find businesses that fit our blog’s brand. We’ll just keep this under wraps first until we’ve finalized a collaboration. ***fingers crossed
Enjoyed the Entertainment & Games
The whole program was hosted by Ms. Vannah Pacis, the half of the duo behind ‘Tower Radio’ on Jam 88.3. Her hosting skills was really great. Lots of thumbs up! She really livened up the Blogapalooza Horizons.
– Matchmaking Event for a Secret Date with Christian Bautista-
Prior to this game, Mr. Christian Bautista and Ms. Vannah Pacis hosted a Bring Me Game. I, however, wasn’t able to bring the required items such as a pink comb, a PhP 500 bill, and etc. as I don’t have it in my bag.
Good thing there was another event which was this matchmaking event with Mr. Christian Bautista. The prize of the chosen girl was a secret date with Christian Bautista.
I, without thinking, immediately went up on stage to participate. I know Lloyd wouldn’t mind it.
The matchmaking event was fairly simple. Three girls will vie for Mr. Christian’s interest by answering questions which were:
- Describe yourself in a creative way.
- If you were to date Christian Bautista in any given place, where would it be?
- If you were to sing a song or to dedicate a song to him, what would it be?
- If he was a food, what would he be?
As Mr. Christian Bautista was blindfolded all throughout the game, his choice was purely based on the answers of the girls (and maybe our voices too). Guess who won?
Yes, I won. I felt so flustered, but my words really left me.
Thank you to BlueWater Day Spa for bringing Mr. Christian Bautista to the Blogapalooza Horizons. I’m looking forward to experiencing BlueWater Day Spa and also going on that secret date.
By the way, Lloyd wasn’t around during this time since he was pre-occupied for a phone interview for a new job. Good thing my new friend took shots. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to you, Elaine of simplyleign.wordpress.com for taking photos. Hope to see you again, Elaine, at a next blogger event.
– #MindPlay Performance-
We were surely entertained as individuals from #MindPlay, a group of mentalists and mind readers, went on stage to gave mind blowing performances as they played tricks with our heads.
This is Mr. Kel Fabie, a comedic mentalist. Know more about him here.
Anthony Andres a.k.a. Mentalino with “Blogamomma” Ace Gapuz
– More Games –
As Blogapalooza Horizons still have loads of prizes to give away courtesy of its sponsors, more games were held. Another bring me game was held. However, what was supposed to be brought were not things, but rather people.
Several bloggers brought Vince Golangco, founder & president of When In Manila.com.
It was a lot of fun since who would have expected that a dance showdown would ensue after talented people were brought.
The last game held was a Breath-Holding Game. Lloyd didn’t let the event pass by without also going up the stage. Ms. Vannah figured out that we were a couple.
She asked Lloyd on how he feels about me going on a date with Christian Bautista. I and the audience found it funny since he just stated that he feels happy since we’ll have more readership after the date. I’m such a blessed lady!
Lloyd was only able to hold his breath for 21 seconds. He didn’t win the game, but he sure had fun and he got to bring home a box of Nescafé Mocha in alumiminum cans.
Blogapalooza Horizons wouldn’t have been successful without, of course, these great people.
Thank you so much for your hard work, Blogapalooza team, in organizing the event. We certainly got to chart the uncharted. Looking forward to your next events.
For fellow bloggers who missed the Blogapalooza Horizons, we’ve heard that Blogapalooza will be back around November. Get ready for a bigger Blogapalooza. Hope to see you there!
AND we also hope to hear from you in the comment section below.